Recently I got a chance to review the new Evenflo Big Kid Amp booster seat. Here in my home state of Ohio, they’ve just changed the booster seat law so that all children have to be in a seat up to eight years of age. So, there are a lot of parents in my area who thought they were done with booster seats who may be in the market for one again. If that describes you, or it’s just “that time” for your child, then the Evenflo Amp is a great seat for your “big kid”.
The Evenflo Amp is for kids 40-100 lbs. and up to 57″ tall. I had my son Joshua try it out and he thinks it’s “cool.” Here’s what I like about it:
- The cupholders are way cool. I know cupholders are a “non-necessity” but they sure are nice for big kids! These have an elastic strap so that they can securely hold cups and containers of all different sizes.
- It’s a snap to install and buckle your child in securely.
- The seat and armrest padding is soft, comfortable, and easy-to-clean.
- Of COURSE, it meets or exceeds all safety standards.
- The price is very reasonable ($24.99 at Target, varies at other retailers)
- It looks cool! In addition to the blue pictured above, it also comes in red and hot pink.
I have a couple of nephews who thought they were out of booster seats who are now going to have to go back in one due to changes in the Ohio law, and needless to say these “big boys” aren’t too happy about it! Obviously safety is more important than appearance, but the Amp is a seat that has both! I think a cool-looking seat like the Amp will make the transition back into a booster somewhat less painful for these older kiddos.
You can purchase the Amp online at Target.com or at local retailers like Meijer or Wal-Mart.