***Congratulations to our winner, Trisha!***
I am very excited about this giveaway!
Here’s what Breville says about the ikon Hemisphere LCD Blender:
– The blender’s Hemisphere Bowl/Blade system utilizes a large, semicircular shredding blade positioned to hug the uniquely shaped bowl. What does this mean for you? All of the ingredients placed into the blender will be shredded into fine, consistent, and most importantly, no surprising chunks.
– The blender has a special “Smoothie” button which is programmed to pause mid-cycle to achieve naturally aerated results with a velvety consistency. This features cuts out the need to add extra calories and thickening agents, such as yogurt.
– The blender features five speed settings, pulse function and two preset programs for ice crushing and smoothies, so no matter what you are blending, it has the perfect speed.
– The 54-ounce engineering grade borosilicate glass jar is designed to resist scratching, chipping and fogginess for optimal clarity. The baked enamel measurements provide for sharp viewing and accurate measurements.
Here’s what I say about it:
I love this thing. The only other blender I have ever owned was of the $25 variety, purchased off of our wedding registry. I very rarely used it, and when I did I always had a mess on my hands because it leaked like crazy, and it really didn’t even blend up ice very well. Which, in my opinion, is the whole point of a blender. The Breville does a great job on ice – I had to make sure to test it thoroughly, so I whipped up a batch or
ten two of my famous low-cal margaritas, and it worked perfectly. It has several different settings that can be used to get the exact consistency you want – it even has a “snow” setting that I haven’t tried out yet but sounds very fun! I have used the “Smoothie” setting several times, and it does a great job blending frozen fruit and yogurt as well. The smoothie setting is cool because it starts, pauses, starts again throughout the one-minute cycle to let the chunky stuff settle to the bottom to make sure everything gets blended uniformly. Very cool!
The blender is heavy and sturdy, and I love the stainless steel look. It is also very easy to clean (a very important feature, in my opinion, because difficult to clean = never going to be used), and the pitcher part is dishwasher-safe.
I really love this blender, and many people who have come through my kitchen in the last couple months have commented on how nice it is… most notably, Jenny’s husband Bobby, who was disappointed that he can’t win this contest! It retails for $199, so it’s definitely a splurge, but for someone who makes daily smoothies or who cooks a lot, I think it would be well worth it.
So do you want to know how you can win one?
You can enter up to five times by doing the following:
1) Leave a comment here and tell us your favorite thing to make in a blender;
2) Tweet about this contest and leave a comment telling us you did so;
3) Follow Breville on Twitter and leave a comment telling us you did so;
4) Post about this contest on your Facebook page and leave a comment telling us you did so;
5) Become a fan of Breville on Facebook and leave a comment telling us you did so;
6) Subscribe to our feed and leave a comment telling us you did so.
The contest will end at 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 11, and a winner will be chosen using random.org. Good luck, and a big thanks to Breville for this great contest!
And FYI, Kate and I have tested out various milkshake recipes and have found that Paula Deen’s is the best. We do not, however, recommend any milk shake recipes that do not contain ice cream as an ingredient. Consider yourself warned.